W27 Weekly Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Zarin: So seeing as I can’t make poll topics, I have an ulterior idea; I just want folks, if they read this, to post in the discussion thread (I am reclaiming it for its designated purpose) and if possible, to tell me honestly what they think of this: what’s good; what’s bad; how long you have been reading and what you would like to see. Even just one good thing, and one bad thing, so that I know I am not completely wasting my time and that there are readers who both enjoy this publication and who want to better it. Don’t mail me, or ‘skype’ me, put it up there so that others can see and you are allowed to say exactly what you think; if you want to hate me and everything I do, you are welcome to it and wouldn’t be the first, but if you enjoy the Weekly, then it would be nice to see that too. (Commenting upon what other people have written there is not within the interests of the Weekly, keep it on track about the publication itself).

Me: I've read them all, technically.
Some of the thoughts I skim through because too many big words hurt my head if its very early / very late.
I always enjoy the interviews, always good to hear others views on things.
I reserve the right to comment on what other people have written about the weekly :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I've thoroughly enjoyed nearly every issue i've read, The weekly is the only reason i come on these forums. Admittedly while im here i check up on other topics but since i took over the Slim01 account i've always checked it out. Keep up the good work, everyone has their good/bad days where they have nothing to write about. Who knows ideas could jump out of anywhere :)

DeletedUser62411

Hey Zarin, I always check in when it is time for a new weekly, but I will admit that I don't always read everything, I am supposed to be working you know :icon_rolleyes: I was also wondering how many people read the weekly, I would hate for you to spend so much time on it for only a few people :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Z, we both know that I read it all :)
Mande, I too was thinking about that, good ol' Z here does alot of work, its a shame not too many read it.

DeletedUser

I guess I should give my own boring opinion

Zarin me and you discussed this on skype long ago. Yes most of us do not read it all, me included (but I do not play this world so it does not even matter) The only reason I troll these forums is because of your weekly. I have never seen any other world have such a great weekly.

Another point is that many buy a real newspaper and I am sure most do not read the whole thing and only what interests them. Yes those who sell newspapers get money and you do not and you put in so much effort so you should know if you ever decide to quit the weekly and those who get mad or anything for you doing that are morons

DDragon12

So my opinion.

I read this Weekly since i started activly playing this world again, so since Autumn. I really love it. The best part is the interviews, becouse you can know allot about w27 players ( why did they play this worlds, whats the best in it etc) I would still like if it will coninue, but yes the problem is the lack of things to write about. And there isnt anything bad in it, you maybe think i lie and stuff, but there ISNT anything bad, i cant find it there.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I've read the weekly every week since like October when I found it. It's good you shouldn't stop writing it.

Good: it keeps you up to date on major events and wars and also lets you get to know people with your interviews
Bad: it doesnt always give you the full story on certain things

DeletedUser

Every monday morning when I get online, the weekly is the first thing i go to, even before checking my accounts lol it just wouldn't be the same without it. One thing I would like to see sometime is a interview from one of the leaders of LIGHT. But as far as I'm concerned the weekly is great just like it is.
Thanks for taking the time to write it every week :)

DeletedUser

I do get to read them mate. I just usually will read them once a month. Yes I am afraid that I sometimes skim through. I do not post much on the forums, but I read them when I feel like it. I do plan to spend more time in these this year. That all being said.

I enjoy reading your weekly. I would hope you can continue but we all need time from the grind. I wish I had a bunch of cool topics for you to write about. I am actually quite boring so I can't help you with a interview either. I do appreciate the effort and time you have put forth. It is not a easy task to accomplish and you should not feel as you are letting anyone down. If something is not bringing you joy, I generally will stop doing it.

... One thing I would like to see sometime is a interview from one of the leaders of LIGHT...
I would also like to hear what they have to say...

Danny_da_mighty

Zarin... keep it up!!!!! It has been a while since i talked to shadow members (summer when i quit), but i still pop up to see the weekly and how everything is folding out.

I am now back bdw..... at the corner of the world trying to make the game a bit more fun for me with new challenges.

The forums are dead but that doesnt mean noone reads them, they just view them like i do.
All the best, until next time,
Danny

DeletedUser

Zarin, your weekly is pretty much unique to TW, I'd hate to see you stop writing it. If you're low on topics, then just cut down on words - the nice side-effect for you would be: You save time ;-)

DeletedUser

I should like to thank everyone who posted here. I have answered you in the Weekly, both by words and indeed by a pretty full issue. Thanks again guys :)

DeletedUser

I haz a few comments to make :), I'm glad Bright Spark and whatever her name is got interviewed. Reminded me of the good old days of the forum wars; which Shadow won too ;).

Zarin said:

What did you think of them early on?

I thought everything was ok. I was a noob so knew nothing different!

Honesty :) I love it.

Zarin said:
Why did you decide to go to war with ATTACK?

My recollection is that ATTACK was preparing attacks against Nstlk* - so we were told, and that their attack was within days. Whether this is true I don't know. So a decision was taken to take the initiative and beat ATTACK to it.

Wow Barons in Nstlk* were kept well in the dark then. I "lolled" at this just as I did when you were claiming it the first time. Fear not, you're not alone. Roosevelt was paranoid too, he thought Churchill was trying to create another Imperial Empire, it's why Communism rose to power.

Zarin said:
What did you think about their merge with ~AOW~?

The merge with ~AOW~ was the end. If ATTACK was just the original ATTACK, the war would have been interesting and lasted a lot longer I think. When a second front was opened up to the south, the new numbers just made the fight impossible.

**sigh** This is disappointing, you are still as sad and bitter as you were when you lost. "If's" and "maybes" don't win wars champ. Superior Tactics, Players and Troops win wars. You got the short end of the stick accept it and move on.

Zarin said:

What do you think of the world as it is now?

I think 27 is dead now. Shadow are too powerful. I think it was dead the minute ~AOW~ sided with ATTACK.

Not ~AOW~'s fault they sided with the best :)

Zarin said:
Do you think Shadow deserves to win W27?

Shadow deserve to win 27 - Ephette and the dukes managed it very well. Congratulations to them.

Very kind and yes they did, they be awesome. Bye now ;).

Interview 2

Zarin said:
What did you think of ATTACK early on?

Desperately recruiting.

Being better than your tribe at getting the best and brightest into our tribe neither corresponds with nor means "Desperately".

Zarin said:
Why did Nstlk* decide to war them instead of ATTACK?

I really don’t know.

You don't know much huh?

Zarin said:
Why did you decide to go to war with ATTACK?

ATTACK’s mass recruiting obsession was leading them to a world domination. It was just a matter of time before they recruited the rest of the world.
This tendency was obvious from the very start – the tribe unlock on Feb. 13:

Yes because we had so many players we needed an academy tribe...oh wait...that was you.

Zarin said:
What did you think about their merge with ~AOW~?

That single action ruined the future of the world completely.
Attack was already no. 1 and merging with AOW (no. 3) was just another mass recruitment action of ATTACK.

Would you like a side of Bacon with your fail? The hypocricy of this statement is just astounding. Nstlk* and YGI? merge, numbers 2 and 3, and you have the audacity to criticise the birth of Shadow? I think there's a clue to Nstlk*'s fail here, what's ok for them to do isn't ok for anyone else to do because then they might lose. OMGOSH! Nstlk* Looz? Oh Noes!

Zarin said:
Why did Nstlk* decline so quickly?

Lack of activity that I believe started to show once the ~AOW~ was recruited by ATTACK. Fun ran out of the game quickly. Wars are fun when there is a hope that you can win.

Nstlk* declined so quickly because it's members were mostly noobs or incompetent.

Zarin said:
What's your favourite part of the game?

Growing vills (which probably makes me a pointwhore) and sniping... I love sniping!

You're right :) it does make you a pointwhore.

Zarin said:
What's you least favourite part of the game?

Fakes. Those multiple repetitive actions requiring click after click after click like tagging 1000+ incomings, which would need about 3000 clicks. I did get muscle pain doing that for a full day. Tagging incomings is not in my view a game skill and it deters you from really playing and defending. Besides, most of us do have a job, or school or ....a life so, what’s the fun in spending days tagging? Although I see the point in it, I still hate it.

What is it with people and thinking that this game should be fair? Fakes are a part of the game, if you can't handle the heat stay out of the Kitchen. The idea of fakes is not only to mask the reals but to STOP you from defending. Why should people not send fakes and waste their attacks by actually giving you a chance to make a half decent defense? It might actually take an hour or two more to beat you.

Zarin said:
Do you think that the dominance of ATTACK/Shadow is due to more than mere mass recruitment?

Yes. Of course it was not just that. But mass recruitment played the biggest part.

The biggest part of Shadow's dominance is the fact that we just have better leaders and better players.

Zarin said:
Do you think Shadow deserves to win W27?

W27 is a world with a lot of p**** tribes acting like alpha-dogs.
Having said that...yes, ATTACK does deserve to rule this world - as they are the greatest p**** of all :p

Jokes aside, well...they wanted to win. They did whatever they could to win. They probably will win. So they do deserve to win. Question is: do they really like their ‘prize’?

Are we really? What would you know about W27? You left in shame.
It's Shadow not ATTACK...SHADOW.

Have you noticed that those who want it more tend to come out on top. We have. In answer to your question: My only regret my sad, bitter, sore loser friend; is that you did not stay and fight with honour. Each to their own however.

To the non-sore losers on W27 I apologise for the length of this reply. I could not help myself - whilst I am no "Dog" this Wolf bites.

On a brighter note, I loved this weekly because it took me back to the good old forum wars days. Thanks to Z for your good work!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Zarin: I read every issue of the weekly(been out of town the last week...Would have replied sooner you know ;) a bit behind on an issue occasionally, but I make a point to read every issue.

As to helping you make it more interesting, I agree it does seem to be a constant lement over the fact that there is simply nothing left interesting on the world to report on so much(the fact that you still manage to make it interesting considering what you have to work with is nothing short of amazing on your part).

I suggest the best way to make things more interesting would be to make the world more interesting...aka shadow could split(but that probably wont happen...)...Another alliance would give us something for a week or 2 before returning to this present lul in activity, but the world likely will not last much longer at the rate shadow is nobling. Once we eradicate every other tribe, I imagine the world would be closed, I frankly am suprised it is still open now.

I do hope you continue to write the weekly, it is one of the few things about W27 that I will always remember as to why it was unique. I am always open for interviews, however seeing as I am not leader of anything anymore that would not serve much purpose. Knowing how much of a nerd I am am, I am likely to save every single edition on my computer when the world closes, and look back and see every single area where I effected, and changed the entire world. Memory's that is all really that is left after a world closes I imagine, memory's and a bunch of friends.

DeletedUser

Give it up Pickle, were not splitting lol If you wanted that to happen you shoulda stayed in TKP, and fought to make it happen :p

Personally I think you should have disbanded TKP when you did the merge because now they are #3 again and will have to be nobled before we win the world lol

*haha, you know im just messin with ya =]

DeletedUser

Brilliant interview, always good to hear from someone who doesn't view the world through rose tinted spectacles.

DeletedUser

Fantastic issue mate. I have to say Winny made a excellent interview. I enjoyed it very much.

DeletedUser

I am glad that folks enjoyed the last one so much. I shall be posting this week's issue on Monday as I am waiting on a few things.