W27 Weekly Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

I don't play W27. I had a link to it at one stage and I still visit to read the weekly. I sometimes miss a week, but I do catch up and read everything. It's fantastic and inspirational for forums of other worlds. You write well.

I see that you are running out of things to write about in the weekly. You might want to consider a "history" of W27, the major wars but also some individual personal stories, including of some players without established names. (I now it is a lot of work, but it would be a testament to W27 as well as to Zarin and all of the W27 weekly contributors.

You might be able to get it stickied and locked or even added somewhere in the Wiki as W27 might be the first world to end. It would be an example for other world of some fantastic things that can be in forums.

It might include:

The Settings - tribe lock, random tribes, people opinions (already covered in some weekly's)
The formal history - the wars, the major tribes, the leaders, the key events (mostly could be taken from pages of the weekly)
The geography - if there are time lapse copies of Nickjer's maps for example.
The early days - I can't remember if this was a Purple Predator hunting ground or not? etc
The best cartoons by Tacops and others
The best forum threads (I vote for the hypothetical wars thread)
The most active PnP'ers - outside of wars

In terms of personal stories, you might ask if anyone still here has an interesting personal insight, a near miss, a lucky break. You might see if you can reach out to players past for this.

A personal story might be a bit like:

Player x found himself in W27 without realising the tribe-lock settings and knew he had to fend for himself. He had a bit of experience from other worlds, but nothing special. He watched with amusement as the leadership vote was held and watched as the guy he voted for was out-voted by the populist attention seeker.

A few weeks later he was being farmed by a bigger player. Carefully he hoarded his troops and sent them on long farming runs when he was offline. A week into the farming he had enough to kill the LC of his attacker. He stacked and waited. He knew the farming pattern now. The LC died. His attacker was impressed and they became PA's and began working on others around them.

At about 5 villages each, the PA tried to double-cross player x and this time player x was ready. He defended, backtimed and cleared the main and then cleared the other villages whilst his one-time PA quit.

He was monitoring all around him (he thought) and he noticed a player 3 times his size drop points in a nearby village. He quickly got in and scouted it. Mostly cleared, wall smashed. Two days later the big player had not grown, so player x killed the remaining troops and nobled the village, only to find that an even bigger player contacting him about it.

So much for monitoring the environment! Where had all these big tribes sprung from in late February? Looking around the map he though, "Oh sh*t...."

--------------

A bit wordy. It could be finished off. Its a real life experience of someone who was playing this world at one stage.

DeletedUser

Firstly I should very much like to thank you for taking the time to comment upon your reading and it is charming to know that players from other worlds are reading it too (well at least one). I was thinking that it might be conceited to assume that players from other worlds might read it, but perhaps I shall have to reach out to other blog/weekly writers publicly. I might wait for an excellent (and timely) issue to be used as an example of what I do though.

If we are talking of the history first, I have already written a review of the last year of the game (November 2008 - November 2009) and will do something similar for this year. I shall then compound these into one major history and link them together and add even more into them. Posting it on the wiki is an excellent idea and one which I had not thought of.

As for the actual topics that you have listed, some have been included, but the thought of personal stories is a nice one actually. I have certainly asked the major players for their experiences in interviews and indeed it would be no large task to cut them straight from there. I shall think about it, perhaps when the world is done, and the publicity of the world brings back old faces, I can ask everyone for their favourite moment and of course, I have a whole tribe of players to entreat for their experiences.

DeletedUser

I believe that I have enjoyed this weekly more than all others. Great job!

DeletedUser

Zarin
Great job on this edition of W27 Weekly. While I was away for a few months I did stop in to the forums are read the weekly's.

DeletedUser

Fantastic job to LoB on the article about leadership. A VERY good description if you ask me, I definatly learned a bit from that, which I will apply to my own leadership in the future.

DeletedUser

Quite the weekly huh? I loved the thoughts, but to be honest however, I was a little disappointed that UNI was not mentioned.
All 'nd all, good job Z :)

DeletedUser

wonderful submission :) (jsut kidding, but i would be happy to hear some opinions on what i wrote)

DeletedUser

I thought it was fantastic LOB, I intend on posting these articles on the forum(in the guides and tips section) for my tribe on w47. They really do a fantastic job of capturing the intense strategy and total effort required to do well at the game.

As well as stating the thrill you get in the end when you either settle with a job well done, or a lost war but with the respect of your attackers. In this game if you play honorably and do your best weather you technicly are defeated or are victorious you really never lose. The reason it is called a game is that it is supposed to be fun, and anyone who plays/played the way you specified in the weekly will have more than his/her fair share.

DeletedUser

Lob I thought you captured the essence of the game very well mate. I agree with you in all of your explanations. I have absorbed so much knowledge from playing in our tribe. I have always stated that if your not having fun, then you should spend your time doing something that makes you happy.

I also would like to stress your point that you dont have to be a great player, to have a great game. I have proven this in more than one server;]...

DeletedUser

Nice LoB, I thought the end "Never give up" part was the best. Perhaps you could have put a little more in about the relationship between Leader - Member & how it effects one's play?

DeletedUser

what would you like me to add that i didnt point out in my last 2 articals (the one that is callded something loke "why we follow someone" that was posted 3 weeks ago and this) ?

i will be happy to :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hi zarin, 1. you edited out my icons :(
2. you made a tiny error when editing (after the 2nd villa list "if it is known that Village 3 attacked Player"...- it supposed to be Village 1).
3. in tactical faze paragraph 4, you changed the meaning "I think that all of you would agree that attacking a tribe where you who is active..." - this was the original : "I think that all of you would agree that attacking a tribe that you know, who are active...."
and this would be probably the more correct editing :"I think that all of you would agree that attacking a tribe when you know: who are active..."
other than that :) great weekly

DeletedUser

1. Icons?
2. Thanks for bringing that to my attention; I see what you meant
3. Not quite sure what you want here, I feel that what I have given conveys the same sense as your edited submission there. Presumably you are creating a list of the criteria which you would like to know.

Also, I changed the villages that you mentioned to anonymous ones; it seemed unfair to use a specific player.

DeletedUser

10245:spear: 5456:swordsman: 27:axemen: 64:scout: 46:lightcavalry: 45:heavycavalry: 200:ram: 1:snob:
30245:spear: 15456:swordsman: 0:axemen: 0:scout: 0:lightcavalry: 3445:heavycavalry: 0:ram: 0:snob:
0:spear: 0:swordsman: 10456:axemen: 0:scout: 2412:lightcavalry: 0:heavycavalry: 230:ram: 4:snob:
no troops in the villa: troops outside : 10000:spear: 7000:swordsman: 0:axemen: 500:scout: 0:lightcavalry: 0:heavycavalry: 0:ram: 0:snob:
0:spear: 0:swordsman: 7456:axemen: 1:scout: 4412:lightcavalry: 0:heavycavalry: 300:ram: 4:snob:
no troops in the villa: troops outside : 0:spear: 0:swordsman: 7456:axemen: 0:scout: 3412:lightcavalry: 0:heavycavalry: 400:ram: 4:snob:

these icons :)

and i dont mind any editing as long as you dont change the meaning of the text :p
I think that all of you would agree that attacking a tribe where you who is active <- the active person is you and you know it by espionage?? somthing is wrong with your editing...
I think that all of you would agree that attacking a tribe that you know, who are active... <- my original is not much better but at lest the active reffers to the other tribe.
the idea was that when you attack a tribe you will be able to determine the level of activity in the opposing tribe by the ammount of preparation and their reaction to your fakes.

DeletedUser

The icons never appeared in the document that you sent me, but I can add them. Could only include 50 images, so only 5 villages - edited accordingly.

And I understand where you are coming from, I had missed out a word. I meant '...think that all of you would agree that attacking a tribe where you know who is active...' I'll change it and I think that fixes it?

DeletedUser

Zarin i congratulate you on keeping this going while the forums have gone dead. Your doing a great job

DeletedUser

It’s no secret LIGHT has had its up's and down's.

I don't recall LIGHT ever having an "up". The tribe was a failure from the start.