What are your personal goals?

DeletedUser67005

@ Peter...

Yes, they're all dead. If it makes you feel manly, its because of you...:icon_rolleyes:

(Their accounts died. Unless you choose to argue that they are still here...)

DeletedUser67005

Oh, I didn't miss it. He's just been so serious lately, I couldn't help but take him seriously for once...

DeletedUser

Assassin,

I was just that responding in kind. When people make illogical arguments and ad hominem attacks, then I will treat them to a similar response. There isn't anyone on this forum that hasn't been here for a while. We all know the personalities. We all know the tactics. But at this point of World 18 -- a lot of the "p & p" is just pointless.

For example, SN wants to be treated like his arguments are sound, rational, informed, and mature. Yet, his comments (most often) exhibit none of these qualities. He just WANTS us to treat them as such. Well, I won't.

As for your comments -- I was just having some fun with you. You erected the straw man argument -- that I had LITERALLY seen him crying. I was merely pivoting off that. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Now, when you said:
Yes, they're all dead. If it makes you feel manly, its because of you...:icon_rolleyes:

(Their accounts died. Unless you choose to argue that they are still here...)

You see what you've done here? You've attacked me -- making an assertion that beating someone in a game (or outlasting an opponent) somehow influences my male ego.
I could respond with some similar stupidity, but it's rather pointless.

Bottom line: A lot of people have quit this game. Most of them were our enemies. Draw whatever conclusion you wish... as you already have done. It really doesn't matter to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser67005

PeterPaine said:
For example, SN wants to be treated like his arguments are sound, rational, informed, and mature. Yet, his comments (most often) exhibit none of these qualities. He just WANTS us to treat them as such. Well, I won't.

I doubt SN wants to be treated as you say. He says what he says for fun. But I'll let him speak for himself... :)

PeterPaine said:
I was just having some fun with you.

And I was having fun with you... Thats the only reason I'm here. Because I enjoy it here... :)

DeletedUser

I doubt SN wants to be treated as you say. He says what he says for fun. But I'll let him speak for himself... :)

I will agree with you on one point there -- that SN says what he does for fun.
However, his amusement is warped. For he so often takes pleasure in belittling people.

And I was having fun with you... Thats the only reason I'm here. Because I enjoy it here... :)

Group hug!
:p

Warayama

the turning the world blue thing is an utopy and a very boring one.

http://map.k-io.com/viewall.php?map_id=22 you'll see that w12 is basically won by some family. they have over 90% dominance in all K's
still they won't shut down that world. you see big holes: players quitted by boredom. some noobs will stay for years while the others keep paying premium for a pointless world.

Wow I had a look at W12 and OMG must be so boring...I think we should email this link to all players and see how many quit? The top 100 has players with 500k points!

DeletedUser67005

DNY have talks going about them being the best in the TW .net servers. Ego's much?...

DeletedUser

No. They are just looking to feel reaaaally good about themselves.

DeletedUser

I just wanted to make sure this didn't get over-stressed. It has long been one of the tribal strategies. :)
Various people have used the argument that we only go for inactives - when in fact inactives are typically just a way to get closer to the actives. Apoc-C, for instance, has been a traveling tribe. That's one way we overcame the land-lock that plagued fear, and tribes and players that focus on just one K.

I don't think anyone would say, for instance, EmmanuelFr is inactive - far from it - but for instance most of my own attacks on him in k47 came from a position I came into by eating Hironami in K46... And though she deleted before we got there, both Ks - for me - were positioning on the way to K58 to pay MsBella a visit. I'm a looong way from my home K00 already - and it's been a combination of actives and inactives.

It's also been a strategy to intermingle our members for mutual defense and cooperation. Some say they don't want to jumble themselves with other players or family tribes - both inside the tribe and in enemy tribes - but I find it to be a strength. I'll leave the multitude examples of "why" for another post.

One of the strategies? lol It was definately the MOST used by far!

In regards to positioning for me, you couldn't get any closer to me then you guys did in K85, K75, K57, K67, K77 and of course my home in K58. I had thousands of incomings daily to every K but how many villages did I actually lose? How many of your nukes survived? None. I had even positioned D troops for all the incomings that were within 6 days so that my ODD went up by millions subsequent to my deletion :)

When I deleted I had achieved my highest rankings across the board. When I first moved to an Apoc frontline, I jumped from k58 to k85 and that was attacking red dots, not barbs. You had the help of 10 tribes in total and you guys still had issues positioning for me and taking me out. Please don't blame that on me deleting too soon - I waited and waited several months. I've seen grass grow faster and I wasn't about to waste any more of my time waiting for you guys waiting for me to grow bored. If you couldn't rim Zurtle whom you had completely surrounded from Day 1, you had NO hope of taking me out ;)

DeletedUser

The strategy is both sensible and it works. I suspect that the game reasons for your deletion were not that you were bored waiting for an attack but you saw that Apoc was on the road to inevitable victory.

Personally I don't see taking out (semi)inactives as a bad play. In fact it is the most sensible play. As long as those red dots (not grey) are turning blue and the majority of the membership are getting involved then, as a leader, I am happy.

If someone wants to focus on an active player then that's fine from a pure enjoyment perspective but if that active is benign and there are nearby inactives then I would recommend the inactive. The active's time will come, in the meantime let them clean out the local garbage. Of course if that active starts molesting our players that's when that player gets an Op.

I can only apologise that we didn't make life a little more uncomfortable for you but end result was essentially the same, you were defeated (resignation still equates to loss) and the Apoc juggernaut rolled on...

DeletedUser

The strategy is both sensible and it works. I suspect that the game reasons for your deletion were not that you were bored waiting for an attack but you saw that Apoc was on the road to inevitable victory.

Personally I don't see taking out (semi)inactives as a bad play. In fact it is the most sensible play. As long as those red dots (not grey) are turning blue and the majority of the membership are getting involved then, as a leader, I am happy.

If someone wants to focus on an active player then that's fine from a pure enjoyment perspective but if that active is benign and there are nearby inactives then I would recommend the inactive. The active's time will come, in the meantime let them clean out the local garbage. Of course if that active starts molesting our players that's when that player gets an Op.

I can only apologise that we didn't make life a little more uncomfortable for you but end result was essentially the same, you were defeated (resignation still equates to loss) and the Apoc juggernaut rolled on...

You misread why I got bored. I WAS getting attacked daily and I was pretty much the first to be attacked. I had some of your best players right near me (Davidemah as an example) and yet almost no enemy nukes ever made it back home. I wasn't just sitting there waiting, I was busily achieving all remaining goals I had for myself on TW. Once they were ALL achieved, there was really no point in my staying as you were NEVER going to defeat me - you had the numbers but not the skill :)

DeletedUser

Hooray for Bella. I wonder while the TW Admin team just didn't close W18 then? Very odd...

DeletedUser

Once they were ALL achieved, there was really no point in my staying as you were NEVER going to defeat me - you had the numbers but not the skill :)

ROFL, talk about suffering from delusions of grandeur :lol:

DeletedUser

@ Peter: Gee thanks :)

@ dhudson: when you've had hundreds/thousands of incomings on a daily basis for many months (up to almost 7K), from several tribes, and can still manage to grow, then feel free to talk to me about so-called illusions.

DeletedUser

@ dhudson: when you've had hundreds/thousands of incomings on a daily basis for many months (up to almost 7K), from several tribes, and can still manage to grow, then feel free to talk to me about so-called illusions.

Wow, you really do have a high opinion of yourself! I feel honoured to have played on the same world as the unbeatable Bella ...yeah right :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser67005

And everyone else has felt highly honoured to play on the same world as you...

Oh yeah, thats right... :icon_rolleyes: