When will we see a non Pay to win world?

Deleted User - 11134637

hello everyone, i recognize some names, but most i do not. Some of you claiming to have been around since 2008, should be well aware of who i am. I won the first church world, w30, limited diplomacy, limited members, part time family in a world that lasted 4.5 years long.

4.5 years long. Everyone see that? I duked from day 1 to the Victory day. I have to tell you, winning an online game doesnt amount to much. The value i gained from that was the relationships i built and enjoyed and the people that i accomplished great things with. There is a level of commitment to a world that lasts that long, and i dont think we will see its like. I do recall when w30 ended, there were still some single digits and teens worlds left? I played on w6 for 2 years also....

Now, onto the point of this post. that background was there to enlighten those that dont know me yet. but anyways, in those days PP were used to streamline your account. I recall when w6 was still build village by village, no lists, no mass recruits, you had to handle every single village one by one by one. I think i had a couple hundred villages at the time, and it was a lot of work. So introducing pp to streamline didnt give you any real advantage, it was cheap and most people would borrow points from the well to do gamers. The real advantage was being smart enough to use the premium account and the few early scripts as efficiently as possible, and allow you the time to try to live your life around tw. Thats how we took advantage of fewer tribe members, but we also trained our guys in specific efficiencies and we spot checked accounts if we felt we needed too. I worked my ass off to make that world happen, and i spent a long time to succeed. I enjoyed the forums almost as much as i enjoyed taking your villages ingame. Proving people wrong two years after our forum arguments became the sole purpose of my continuing that world to the end. Needless to say, i look fondly on that time and remember the people i smited, the people i saved, and the tribes we ruined. THE HARD WAY.

I came back about 1.5 years ago, dabbled with some friends and made some new ones. I have always been employed, and i have never had an issue spending money on games that i enjoy. at first, i thought it was awesome i could buy resources and pay to finish buildings faster and etc etc etc. You are talking to a guy who basically played tribalwars in the stone age. These skills i had were no longer necessary, because i could purchase points and move my village along faster. This went along, as i outgrew most of my neighbors, but always seemed to be behind others... either way, being able to purchase all these events, resources, the market, etc etc etc.... people stopped playing the old way. Most villages i attacked, players never bothered to defend. When i finally got eviscerated by a well timed, organized and efficient tribe... there were no barbs to bounce my nukes off of. It became a huge hassle defending as a result. The pp finally caught up to me...

So lets look at the problems i encountered.

No barbs - direct result of everyone going crazy on events and purchasing the boosters and such to mint insanely fast. People had hundreds of nobles and not many targets their few nukes could break consistently enough, thus they nobled all the barbs.

player base - not many people stuck around. This has always been the case, incapable players being held up by the tribe until they cant be protected anymore, etc. However, the dropout rate was insane. I hardly got much of a fight before i got wiped out. I also noticed more tribes being cannibalized than i recall before. Few players would really out grow their tribe, betray their smaller tribe members, and then jump to the bigger tribe with a select few and then consume the players left behind. This occurs with great ferocity because there is such a disparity between those that spend a lot and those that dont.

another feature is that just about every world its the same people manipulating and positioning to win their worlds. Some of the dukes that were on that world were one trick ponies, but that was how things go now. It was all manipulation and very little actual fighting....

Events - i had sooo many boosters when i left. part of my skill set was from church worlds.. learning to manipulate the church targets, fake people out and then cap their church and murder their unreligious villages...... That was learned from scouting, planning, and basically knowing my enemies. Now, anything can happen with these boosters. Which, again, having boosters is like flags, and you earn them and they are a way of life and you should know to expect them. That is all fine and dandy, i have always succeeded by stretching to the limit the rule capabilities. My problem with the boosters was the frequency some people had them. Theres a player, cant recall his name... top player on a bunch of worlds. was in Burn on 104 for a few months to start before he selfishly did his move. that guy abused the hell out of pp and boosted so much, he had hundreds of villages while people were just nearing their first hundred.

im sure there were a few other issues i noticed, but that was over a year ago, and ive had to let go of my tw bug. But the moral of my story, and the conclusion of my gripe is that pay 2 win is real. Its ridiculous, and it has ruined the very game i gave up most of my real life to win. :D

I guess it comes down to w30 was one of my favorite things i ever did at any point in my life. We won so handily against such long odds, and i fought so many forum personalities over the years, it was actually worth something to rule the roost and outlast everyone. i admit, i was a little bit of an ass as i gloated, but come on. I EARNED IT. And now i feel like its not a valuable thing these days, winning one of these worlds. Its a joke. Winning now just means you had a good group who abused their pp.

whew! i felt strongly enough to post this wall of text.. another thing i was known for. ;)

I miss tw and how it was, and im sorry it has become what it was. I was going to dabble this month while my business is closed, but i prefer to troll the forums and post walls of text instead.

ps. Someone posted some bullshit about 300k players existing on those older worlds.. lets be honest. there might hve been 25-50k players realistically. the rest of the numbers came from all the multi accounts people used to create for ha has. i myself had several until tw finally began cracking down around w30. So that can easily explain the huge numbers. but 25k players to start a world? wow. how full was w30??? 104 was only like 9 kds...

if you read it, thank you for your time. if you dont like, flame me for it. But its my opinion, and i have to say there is absolutely some fact behind it.

Pajuno
Iron chef of W30

didn't read lmao

haha212

Reaction score
hello everyone, i recognize some names, but most i do not. Some of you claiming to have been around since 2008, should be well aware of who i am. I won the first church world, w30, limited diplomacy, limited members, part time family in a world that lasted 4.5 years long.

4.5 years long. Everyone see that? I duked from day 1 to the Victory day. I have to tell you, winning an online game doesnt amount to much. The value i gained from that was the relationships i built and enjoyed and the people that i accomplished great things with. There is a level of commitment to a world that lasts that long, and i dont think we will see its like. I do recall when w30 ended, there were still some single digits and teens worlds left? I played on w6 for 2 years also....

Now, onto the point of this post. that background was there to enlighten those that dont know me yet. but anyways, in those days PP were used to streamline your account. I recall when w6 was still build village by village, no lists, no mass recruits, you had to handle every single village one by one by one. I think i had a couple hundred villages at the time, and it was a lot of work. So introducing pp to streamline didnt give you any real advantage, it was cheap and most people would borrow points from the well to do gamers. The real advantage was being smart enough to use the premium account and the few early scripts as efficiently as possible, and allow you the time to try to live your life around tw. Thats how we took advantage of fewer tribe members, but we also trained our guys in specific efficiencies and we spot checked accounts if we felt we needed too. I worked my ass off to make that world happen, and i spent a long time to succeed. I enjoyed the forums almost as much as i enjoyed taking your villages ingame. Proving people wrong two years after our forum arguments became the sole purpose of my continuing that world to the end. Needless to say, i look fondly on that time and remember the people i smited, the people i saved, and the tribes we ruined. THE HARD WAY.

I came back about 1.5 years ago, dabbled with some friends and made some new ones. I have always been employed, and i have never had an issue spending money on games that i enjoy. at first, i thought it was awesome i could buy resources and pay to finish buildings faster and etc etc etc. You are talking to a guy who basically played tribalwars in the stone age. These skills i had were no longer necessary, because i could purchase points and move my village along faster. This went along, as i outgrew most of my neighbors, but always seemed to be behind others... either way, being able to purchase all these events, resources, the market, etc etc etc.... people stopped playing the old way. Most villages i attacked, players never bothered to defend. When i finally got eviscerated by a well timed, organized and efficient tribe... there were no barbs to bounce my nukes off of. It became a huge hassle defending as a result. The pp finally caught up to me...

So lets look at the problems i encountered.

No barbs - direct result of everyone going crazy on events and purchasing the boosters and such to mint insanely fast. People had hundreds of nobles and not many targets their few nukes could break consistently enough, thus they nobled all the barbs.

player base - not many people stuck around. This has always been the case, incapable players being held up by the tribe until they cant be protected anymore, etc. However, the dropout rate was insane. I hardly got much of a fight before i got wiped out. I also noticed more tribes being cannibalized than i recall before. Few players would really out grow their tribe, betray their smaller tribe members, and then jump to the bigger tribe with a select few and then consume the players left behind. This occurs with great ferocity because there is such a disparity between those that spend a lot and those that dont.

another feature is that just about every world its the same people manipulating and positioning to win their worlds. Some of the dukes that were on that world were one trick ponies, but that was how things go now. It was all manipulation and very little actual fighting....

Events - i had sooo many boosters when i left. part of my skill set was from church worlds.. learning to manipulate the church targets, fake people out and then cap their church and murder their unreligious villages...... That was learned from scouting, planning, and basically knowing my enemies. Now, anything can happen with these boosters. Which, again, having boosters is like flags, and you earn them and they are a way of life and you should know to expect them. That is all fine and dandy, i have always succeeded by stretching to the limit the rule capabilities. My problem with the boosters was the frequency some people had them. Theres a player, cant recall his name... top player on a bunch of worlds. was in Burn on 104 for a few months to start before he selfishly did his move. that guy abused the hell out of pp and boosted so much, he had hundreds of villages while people were just nearing their first hundred.

im sure there were a few other issues i noticed, but that was over a year ago, and ive had to let go of my tw bug. But the moral of my story, and the conclusion of my gripe is that pay 2 win is real. Its ridiculous, and it has ruined the very game i gave up most of my real life to win. :D

I guess it comes down to w30 was one of my favorite things i ever did at any point in my life. We won so handily against such long odds, and i fought so many forum personalities over the years, it was actually worth something to rule the roost and outlast everyone. i admit, i was a little bit of an ass as i gloated, but come on. I EARNED IT. And now i feel like its not a valuable thing these days, winning one of these worlds. Its a joke. Winning now just means you had a good group who abused their pp.

whew! i felt strongly enough to post this wall of text.. another thing i was known for. ;)

I miss tw and how it was, and im sorry it has become what it was. I was going to dabble this month while my business is closed, but i prefer to troll the forums and post walls of text instead.

ps. Someone posted some bullshit about 300k players existing on those older worlds.. lets be honest. there might hve been 25-50k players realistically. the rest of the numbers came from all the multi accounts people used to create for ha has. i myself had several until tw finally began cracking down around w30. So that can easily explain the huge numbers. but 25k players to start a world? wow. how full was w30??? 104 was only like 9 kds...

if you read it, thank you for your time. if you dont like, flame me for it. But its my opinion, and i have to say there is absolutely some fact behind it.

Pajuno
Iron chef of W30

Well Said.. I wonder when they will release 'loot boxes' that contain new and better troop types. For pp of course

OneMoreLight

Reaction score
Lately I realized I'm having more fun pp farming than actually playing.... what I miss is a ranking by PP, will add more trill to it

Deleted User - 10368546

I can't wait to be able to buy full nuke in 26 point village, or even better buy paladin with weapon for catapults in 26 point village.

This game died when they removed barbs from map, but it's obvious why they did that. They wanted people to have less farms so they have to buy resources with pp to be able to grow faster. I miss the world filled with barbs, where you could farm barbs and noble players, and use barbs to hide your troops in during attacks.

If you wanna play this game and actually be competitive go to German worlds. for example W176 is non premium world, you can't buy resources or any of that shit, and w177 is premium world (go farm pp there and spend it on w176). Or just wait for w178 (non Premium) and w179 (Premium).

.net is dead, all worlds are premium worlds with low speed so players who don't wanna wait 30 days to noble village are forced to buy some resources. Good job TW.

haha212

Reaction score
I can't wait to be able to buy full nuke in 26 point village, or even better buy paladin with weapon for catapults in 26 point village.

This game died when they removed barbs from map, but it's obvious why they did that. They wanted people to have less farms so they have to buy resources with pp to be able to grow faster. I miss the world filled with barbs, where you could farm barbs and noble players, and use barbs to hide your troops in during attacks.

If you wanna play this game and actually be competitive go to German worlds. for example W176 is non premium world, you can't buy resources or any of that shit, and w177 is premium world (go farm pp there and spend it on w176). Or just wait for w178 (non Premium) and w179 (Premium).

.net is dead, all worlds are premium worlds with low speed so players who don't wanna wait 30 days to noble village are forced to buy some resources. Good job TW.

I agree .net is dead. The devs killed it and they look around like they don't know what happened lmao.

The polish server has the most players by far(5x+ the size of .net), I also think they do more worlds that aren't premium than .net . Its not too bad if you play from chrome browser and translate to English or whatever your preferred language is.

Deleted User - 10368546

I agree .net is dead. The devs killed it and they look around like they don't know what happened lmao.

The polish server has the most players by far(5x+ the size of .net), I also think they do more worlds that aren't premium than .net . Its not too bad if you play from chrome browser and translate to English or whatever your preferred language is.

I didn't even know about .pl, for some reason I've assumed German worlds would be biggest and went to play there :D

Cidvaramo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Haha212 complained so much about pp that he became a well known member in 3 days.

You can not farm 6k per day and complain about pp that is just pathetic

haha212

Reaction score
You can not farm 6k per day and complain about pp

Completely irrelevant, but still more accurate than most others that disagree with me. I give you props for that, hats off to you!

Don't you think if I wanted to sit at my computer and click a send farm button all day I would just make/use a farm script like everyone else? You silly little goose, you!

He was accusing TW or innogames of deliberately making PP the only option in these worlds so that we all have to pay the price

Innogames doesn’t seem to care about their players’ health

Their German HQ has done nothing to improve the game and it’s deteriorating

That’s why a thread is made

It’s all up to innogames to change that and they don’t

Even strangers can run into these forums and think we are crazy complaining

Thanks. I'm glad you can see why the community is complaining.

The pp abusers certainly get defensive quick.

Cidvaramo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
My point is that you can not be a complete noob like yourself and complain about pp, because even if innogames gave you pp you would still be a trash player. Pp helps you to just some extent.

DeletedUser124556

My point is that you can not be a complete noob like yourself and complain about pp, because even if innogames gave you pp you would still be a trash player. Pp helps you to just some extent.

Quit insulting people over tribalwars skill. The game comes down to who spends more money and who has more time to play. There is very little technical skill associated with this game. I think this game for most of us is nothing more than a time passer. There used to be competitiveness in this game, but not in this new era of tribalwars. To call someone "trash" at tribalwars is laughable.

Tribalwars lost its competitiveness shortly after the realease of pp. Once it was realized how greatly pp could be taken advantage of.

Premium points control this game. All of the people I see who think else are wasting boat loads of money on pp and pp farming every world. This game deserves a level playing field again.

Sheep like you deserve to get your money taken by InnoGames.

Cidvaramo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Have you had any succsess to talk about competitivness and what the game comes down to?
Very little technical skills??? What are you talking about why isnt everyone an elite player then?

please provide us if possible with the succses you had before PP was introduced. I just want to know how relevant you are to even talk about tw competitiveness.

DeletedUser124556

Have you had any succsess to talk about competitivness and what the game comes down to?
Very little technical skills??? What are you talking about why isnt everyone an elite player then?

please provide us if possible with the succses you had before PP was introduced. I just want to know how relevant you are to even talk about tw competitiveness.

I think many will agree that tribalwars is no longer the competitive nor strategic game it once was. Players can literally buy resources with real life currencies. That is not skill.

Cidvaramo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I also agree, that does not mean the game itself has no technicall skill. But players can also buy resources with ingame currency PP which is also FARMABLE. Yes it is stupid that you have to farm 4 worlds to be good at one but still there is a way to earn PP which is not fair since some just empty their daily check for as much PP as you farmed for one whole world I hope you get the point ;)

DocJunior25

Reaction score
I also agree, that does not mean the game itself has no technicall skill. But players can also buy resources with ingame currency PP which is also FARMABLE. Yes it is stupid that you have to farm 4 worlds to be good at one but still there is a way to earn PP which is not fair since some just empty their daily check for as much PP as you farmed for one whole world I hope you get the point ;)
I for one was a successful solo player before PP and have been in some excellent tribes. Mind you I wouldnt consider myself a pro or anything but I would say you could find some players who would say I am good to have around in a pinch. I think that PP as it is today has ruined the game and pp farming is a bit monotonous and boring. I miss the days of every other world being non pp. That also gave the odd worlds some interesting settings not seen anymore. Variety is the spice of life. Now Inno has come up with some good ideas since the death of non p2w worlds but most suck. I think if they consistently came out with non p2w worlds like every 5 or ten worlds or so the old school player would hear of it and come back. Just my opinion though. Although alot of old names in classic 2 that havent played serious for awhile

DeletedUser124556

Without reading every comment across this thread (apologies if this is already answered), but would 1 non-PP world in every 10, heck 1 in every 15/20 be so bad?

I get that it's a cash cow for the devs, but throw us a bone every now and then?

It costs them nothing.

InnoGames just passed 1 billion in revenue last year. Their income increases by 30%+ per year. Tribalwars is not their big money maker. But even still, they rather drive this game into the dirt and milk every last dollar out of its players than to make a game people want to play.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Bonfire was more broken than the current event lmao
Then you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Manipulating around bonfire was easier than people think. You get one bonfire per player per tribe. I have always preached high scouts in your defensive villages for many reasons, one of which being you can see what they have in their big stacks because most people do not send scouts as part of their defensive packages. Anyways, you just learn your opponent and move around bonfire when you can. We were also crippling churches, and timing nukes around those falling as well!

You think the complexities of working with and around bonfire compare to the events that allow uber mathematical players like tudadar to succeed? You are crazy. That guy will jump to triple your villages before you blink an eye. Ive seen the inner workings of how to, not to his level, but close enough to know the math. haha.

Ahh. tis true, the average player here is none too crafty these days. Strategy may exist somewhat, but its all brokered by PP.

And the person who mentioned PP was the straw breaking the camels back? we had pp for 4.5 years on w30. There was nothing broken by being able to efficiently run your account with the standard pp quick bar. Now, maybe when the scripts were becoming high powered items the people who had better toys generally did better, but it wasnt the all powerful of gaining nobles super fast with pp and the events that broke things. Lets be honest. in w30, all the players who finished had pp on their accounts so there was no distinct advantage unless you ran your math hyper efficient in time usage and such.

Pajuno