World 18 Blogger

DeletedUser

lol... OMG... I just figured it out.... for you guys this is a management game....

WELLLLL... that explains alot...;)

DeletedUser

-MM- never claimed to be immortal, we just played the game very differently to you. Like I said before, our priority was having fun with friends, not winning but we still had you beat in all categories. Although you had many more tribes then we did (UA then Apoc-BA), we still dominated. You have only just caught up now, over a year after our main players deleted.

I don't know. I thought that MM bragged the most on the forums. LEGION was modest compared to them. TWA and RKN barely even came on. Only until they started their takeover of the #1 spot did they venture in the forums.

I'm just saying I remember MM players boasting me the most.

DeletedUser88101

1)
I’m sure you are thinking, “How did this happen?” Well, while some of us think it is not confusing, it is. Enemies has dropped a lot of members due to the fact of constant rimmings and constant deleteing of accounts due to Apoc-BA’s big threatening nukes and incomings, whereas on other worlds such as World 12 that is just about to close in October, Apoc-BA’s ODA mounts up to a whopping 8 billion while “The World”‘s ODA only amassing to 3.5 billion.
In this paragraph you actually try to enforce your claim that “the world” is quitting because of Apoc’s offense by showing the ODA stats... If you would do that you’ve had to use the ODA of players who deleted.

The reasons players mass delete and quit is because they are bored, players don’t delete because they are scared....

2)
Also, another thing I am going to talk about are the constant trolling from certain members such as MsBella, now MsBella in one of her posts said that:
“As for my posts regarding Apoc, I have never made it a secret how little I thought of your game tactics. Whenever it was brought up in the UA chat, I always said the same thing – I think your mass recruiting was cowardly and not in the spirit of this game.

She says this while the graphs deny her, “The World” had more members than Apoc and Allies in September 09 but after constant incomings and the ones who showed they didn’t have skill or had to quit due to in real life commitments, (including Apoc members as well)
Wow, how do I even start....
First of all you accuse a member of the TW community of trolling, something that is obviously not the case. Especially seeing in this text fragment, for instance, shes expressing her opinion.
Many would even say a very valid opinion.

Then you proceed to link MsBella to “the world”, a concept you created btw, and basically claim her opinion is false because they had more members? That’s just plain idiotic and it’s quite clear you are in fact trolling here. In an official recognized Inno games TW blog...

I hope you enjoyed writing that nonsense, seeing it will most likely be your last.
Hope you enjoyed the attention you got, I’ll do my best to see you wont get anymore.

btw, I need about three fitty...

DeletedUser

First of all you accuse a member of the TW community of trolling, something that is obviously not the case. Especially seeing in this text fragment, for instance, shes expressing her opinion.
Many would even say a very valid opinion.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of trolling? MSBella, lovely though she is, is still a troll.

DeletedUser

If you're not playing the world and posting 10+ a day, then your a troll. msbella has become a troll.

DeletedUser

itab, just in case you are lazy, from wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Trolls, trolls everywhere...

DeletedUser67005

That definition instantly makes us all trolls... We all post off topic all the time... ;)

That means your a troll too, Andy. According to the definition you have brought forward...

Bella posts off topic sometimes. Big deal, we all do it. Reason being? Its fun. Though you accuse her of being a troll, this is generally not the case. Her posts argue against yours and your groupies, Andy. You cannot handle this, so you accuse anyone who posts against you a troll?

Indeed, trolls everywhere... :I

DeletedUser

I certainly could be accused of trolling at times. However I think the important phrase is: with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response

DeletedUser

I certainly could be accused of trolling at times. However I think the important phrase is: with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response

It worked:

Perhaps you should look up the definition of trolling? MSBella, lovely though she is, is still a troll.

You've gone all soft now ;)

Seriously though, those of us you accuse of trolling played on this world for over 2 years. A lot of us were leaders in that time and had a lot of influence on the direction of the world. Just because we deleted doesn't mean that all we did ceases to exist.

Before Z and I posted, you had almost no activity on the forums. Look at it now. There have been lots of new threads started and people are actually talking instead of just posting those 'rivoting' weekly barb stats. Sure, there have been off-topic comments made by all but for the most part, they are not.

DeletedUser

You misread me. I have no objections to anyone (even folks who haven't played w18) participating on the forum. My "problem" is with people who are not satified with a even-tempered debate and feel that being antogonistic or, in some cases, hateful for the sake of being so is somehow a useful contribution to this forum. It isn't.

I recognise that we all "troll" at times. But I'd like to see something a little more substantive between the troll posts. The "I love you" posts don't even qualify as amusing. They don't represent forum activity, they are just plain old spam.

Although many of your posts seem to aim to generate an "emotional response", quite a few actually contain some interesting perspectives. That said, I think we have done the "Apoc cheated" line to death. As you pointed out it is clear that neither the Apoc camp, nor the anti-Apoc camp are ever going to agree on the basic validity of Apoc's (and BA's) impending victory. Let's take that as a given. That doesn't exclude a meaningful and entertaining exchange about how we got to where we are or things we would have done differently (as Martin has attempted) but I'd rather both parties learned to turn the other cheek when given the opportunity to get into the same old arguments.

DeletedUser

lol... OMG... I just figured it out.... for you guys this is a management game....

If you've ever led a tribe, you'll know that managing the members and diplomacy is a huge part of the game. This is not my interpretation of the game. It's the way the game is designed. Managing a tribe (or family) can be difficult for many different reasons.
Only a rank-and-file player who gets the freedom to hit targets with reckless abandon would not understand the amount of management that must be done to provide the very atmosphere that the warrior enjoys operating in.

As the saying goes... ignorance is bliss.

However, your joke confuses "management" with "strategy." The long-term strategy vs. short-term strategy is at the heart of the debate... the endless debate.

DeletedUser

Does it? I'd be interested to understand what it explains.

Does the concept of a management game scare you or somehow suggest that we don't get it? The fact is this is a management game amongst other things. Games that involve people and resources always are.

One of the biggest selling games in the world is "Football Manager" (and its variants). Does this mean that everyone who plays that game genre is somehow challenged with respect to having fun? Better call out the fun police!

(P.S. I know you were trying to provoke a response. I just can't help myself even when I know I am about to get mugged by trolls!)

max vs george

New blog post is up, just click the same link on the first post

DeletedUser67005

Yay...

PS: We weren't looking for credit for PX (though Emmanual is the best player on current W18 by a long shot, he definately deserves credit there), we were arguing that you said Apoc won like nothing had ever happened, that they showed "The World" how to win. You never mentioned the months of heavy war with MM/MIM, Aggression, or any of that. The blog stated that Apoc dominated. They won (didn't dominate), but what did they have to go through?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Didn't dominate? They just took the world in less than 3 years. I call that sheer domination. Sure, they had large amounts of players, but that was a strategy to win the game. Like it or not, they d-o-m-i-n-a-t-e-d.

DeletedUser67005

No, they w-o-n...

The rest of the world may have been d-o-m-i-n-a-t-e-d, but you can count MM out of that category...

DeletedUser45512

yes cos MM lasted a long time after we declared war on them

how many times did MM split into different tribes whilst we were fighting them and how easily did we push them back each time until most of your members deleted and/or started there only little tribes.