Ruffs gets Ruffed up

DeletedUser

These circular arguments and rants by the same cast of characters is (as always) tiresome.
[spoil]
bailey-chasing-her-tail-o.gif
[/spoil]

DeletedUser118039

These circular arguments and rants by the same cast of characters is (as always) tiresome.
[spoil]
bailey-chasing-her-tail-o.gif
[/spoil]

I am glad you respect the effort we put into the externals. Thanks! And I am glad you group us all together:)

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thank you for responding directly to my posts:) But I think you are missing some of the points I am making and I don't agree with most of what you said.

I fear we are never going to agree, but I'll reply anyway. I must have typed it twice in the below comments now, but I wanted to say it again before you went all bored with my answer and stopped reading :p. You said my comments were disrespectful, but you don't deserve my respect as a tribe (yet?). I will however watch my tone, I didn't mean to be that rude. Just spoke the words how I felt the situation was.

Our rotten play style, more empty disrespectful statements.... And my point exactly you were waiting till the time was right for you to stab us in the back. Doesn't sound like a good ally to me lol. Sorry the war had to happen before you merged a couple of times and had the size advantage.

Disrespectful? I guess so, but you don't deserve my respect as a tribe. You have some good members, some that I even like, but as a whole Gents is .. well I don't want an infraction so nvm :p. I said that North vs South was going to happen due to the locations of the tribes and the way the world is progressing. I did not say that we planned on backstabbing you. I am not part of the leadership, but I'd like to think that we'd have honoured the 72 hour agreement when the time had come.

As far as the proof, I don't have physical proof that I could post, just common sense and my rl friends word and the reports of me hitting hugely full stacked villages right after I had already cleared them are now gone. I don't think the vast majority of your tribe was likely aware of any of this stuff, but it was happening. (again believe what you want to believe, but I don't lie).

Okay, so you "know things for a fact" but you have no actual proof to support your accusations. I don't believe that we stacked against you, I don't. If we are going to point fingers at each other why not talk about the fact that Gents never cared about the villages we claimed? Ogandam has on multiple occaisons nobled villages that we claimed while he had tons of claims of his own. But perhaps we shouldn't be pointing fingers at each other anymore, it is not going to change anything any way.

It is not pathetic to leave a tribe where almost everyone else is inactive. Another arrogant disrespectful comment by you. These are great players and loyal leaders who were account sitting multiple empty abandoned accounts before they came over. Also on our end taking in these players happened towards the beginning of the world, where we were still trying to recruit an experienced, active and loyal core.

Sounds to me like they should have left or formed a new tribe long before the war started and not run when things got a bit hot. Are my comments arrogant and disrespectful? I don't mean to be and I'll try to watch my tone, but like I said earlier in my reply Gents doesn't deserve my respect. I don't think there has ever been a tribe that I disliked more than Gents in the 8 years I have been playing.

And lastly, your tribe is made up of people who abandoned their original leader, for reasonable reasons IMO, but still ran away from a fight with gents, and many of you guys tried to join us at the time, but we didn't want to take anyone else at that moment.

Bane was .. a special case. I had to log on with expensive roaming on when I heard what was going on (was on a two week holiday). Luckily my sitter took care of everything until I returned. Not sure who would have applied for Gents but I know I wasn't one of them. Wasn't really the fight people ran from, but Bane's way of getting things done. Him declaring without prior stacking was the last straw.

We are not bragging about how we are doing, just simply saying that you have nothing to brag about yet. We are huge and growing in all directions we are not just focused on hitting ruffians. If you guys start taking more of our villages, then maybe we will have to focus more on that front. I will repeat what I said above, you guys have done well defending, but nothing offensively. Gaining villages is what matters. And we have done fine, but nothing to brag about also. That is just my opinion on the matter.

True enough, it is about gaining villages. So far you have a lead which, considdering the backstabbing (we experienced it as a stab in our backs, regardless what your opinion is about it), is not that impressive. I do like the fact that you guys keep at it, some accounts have been pressured and nuked pretty hard. I personally hope to see more action, but that's easy to say for someone not near Gents :p. Offensively we have yet to show what we can do.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Who doesn't like another front to fight on it makes the game more interesting

DeletedUser118039

I fear we are never going to agree, but I'll reply anyway. I must have typed it twice in the below comments now, but I wanted to say it again before you went all bored with my answer and stopped reading :p. You said my comments were disrespectful, but you don't deserve my respect as a tribe (yet?). I will however watch my tone, I didn't mean to be that rude. Just spoke the words how I felt the situation was.

Disrespectful? I guess so, but you don't deserve my respect as a tribe. You have some good members, some that I even like, but as a whole Gents is .. well I don't want an infraction so nvm :p. I said that North vs South was going to happen due to the locations of the tribes and the way the world is progressing. I did not say that we planned on backstabbing you. I am not part of the leadership, but I'd like to think that we'd have honoured the 72 hour agreement when the time had come.

Okay, so you "know things for a fact" but you have no actual proof to support your accusations. I don't believe that we stacked against you, I don't. If we are going to point fingers at each other why not talk about the fact that Gents never cared about the villages we claimed? Ogandam has on multiple occaisons nobled villages that we claimed while he had tons of claims of his own. But perhaps we shouldn't be pointing fingers at each other anymore, it is not going to change anything any way.

Sounds to me like they should have left or formed a new tribe long before the war started and not run when things got a bit hot. Are my comments arrogant and disrespectful? I don't mean to be and I'll try to watch my tone, but like I said earlier in my reply Gents doesn't deserve my respect. I don't think there has ever been a tribe that I disliked more than Gents in the 8 years I have been playing.

Bane was .. a special case. I had to log on with expensive roaming on when I heard what was going on (was on a two week holiday). Luckily my sitter took care of everything until I returned. Not sure who would have applied for Gents but I know I wasn't one of them. Wasn't really the fight people ran from, but Bane's way of getting things done. Him declaring without prior stacking was the last straw.

True enough, it is about gaining villages. So far you have a lead which, considdering the backstabbing (we experienced it as a stab in our backs, regardless what your opinion is about it), is not that impressive. I do like the fact that you guys keep at it, some accounts have been pressured and nuked pretty hard. I personally hope to see more action, but that's easy to say for someone not near Gents :p. Offensively we have yet to show what we can do.

Fair enough I disagree with some of what you say and I am very surprised if it is really true that when you are thinking level headedly about the situation you think we are the worst tribe you have seen in 8 years of playing, but I respect your opinion and hope as more and more stuff unfolds on this world you will see that gents is not what Steve and others have tried to make us out to be. Either way, I don't play for respect I play for fun and for a way to unwind in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Cringer Pants

Gents doesn't play for fun, Gents plays to win. Common Jacobm9, everyone knows this.

Don't give me that we play for fun nonsense.

DeletedUser118039

Gents doesn't play for fun, Gents plays to win. Common Jacobm9, everyone knows this.

Don't give me that we play for fun nonsense.

I promise you I am more interested in fun than winning. Cant speak for my tribe.

For example, I would and have enjoyed being taken out by an enemy if/when they outplayed me. What I don't enjoy is people trying to do it on the externals.

DeletedUser118218

Now speaking of having fun I think there is 2 ways of having it. Correct me if I am wrong. Fun and competitive level fun.

When you play for fun only its then you see those rim fellows that turtle up and are happy about having that single villa and don't want anything else. They are having fun.

Now there is competitive level fun. winning or at least trying to do so. Gents are having competitive level fun where they do their type of strategy to grow bigger and stronger and putting themselves on end-game table while save arses of good players from other tribes that just didn't feel like putting up a fight with them. Being rank 1 is fun. Of course just climbing in those ranking tables is fun too same as outplaying your opponent. Gents are having fun be it dirty or smart way it depends on how you look at it. I think its just more of an adaptive way to play tw these days.

And on every declaration everyone just have to put gents in there. Its Lust and Ruffs here ;)

DeletedUser

See you nubs on the frontlines, We are already warring 4 tribes, what's one more?

Just some village losses here and there, some sniping and faking to do, waking up in the morning to send a train etc

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough I disagree with some of what you say and I am very surprised if it is really true that when you are thinking level headedly about the situation you think we are the worst tribe you have seen in 8 years of playing, but I respect your opinion and hope as more and more stuff unfolds on this world you will see that gents is not what Steve and others have tried to make us out to be. Either way, I don't play for respect I play for fun and for a way to unwind in the end.

I did not say worst, because I've seen some really really bad tribes. I said there has not been a tribe I disliked as much as Gents in those 8 years. There is a difference :). This world is at war and will continou to be at war until the very end. Enough time for either side to show what they've got and time to change each others opinions.

Mr. Cringer Pants

I promise you I am more interested in fun than winning. Cant speak for my tribe.

For example, I would and have enjoyed being taken out by an enemy if/when they outplayed me. What I don't enjoy is people trying to do it on the externals.

Cool, I miss read the I as Gents for some reason.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Nattyoo7 Aug 08, 19:15
I just thought I would give you a heads up. I will lose this villa to Ruffians soon, If you want to stack it, we can kill alot of their troops. Up to you, Thanks for your time.

nattyoo7

Zordos Aug 08, 19:41
lol

Nattyoo7 Aug 08, 20:14
whatever man, if your their friends I dont care, I dont care about the villas here, but now I know your not cool? :(

Zordos Aug 08, 20:52
You're. Common man

Tripp

Nattyoo7 Aug 08, 21:07
whatever noob! your less than common?

Apparently not supporting against Ruff to help Lust makes Zordos uncool..

If Lust would like to ask Regime for help after declaring against Ruffians, please use official channels so that we can decisively say no.

Last edited:

DeletedUser116033

The act of an individual player offering to give away a village that will be more hassle than it is worth, that's a personal choice not a tribal one. Yawn.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The act of an individual player offering to give away a village that will be more hassle than it is worth, that's a personal choice not a tribal one. Yawn.

He wasn't offering to give it away - he was trying to get it stacked to kill Ruff troops. Bugz and Gents have used the same type arguments - "the act of an individual does not represent the tribe". Yes, it does.

DeletedUser118039

He wasn't offering to give it away - he was trying to get it stacked to kill Ruff troops. Bugz and Gents have used the same type arguments - "the act of an individual does not represent the tribe". Yes, it does.

Individual players do things like this from time to time, it is what the tribe does about it behind closed doors that shows what kind of leadership a tribe has and ultimately what kind of game play a tribe believes in. They don't have to come on the externals and try and ruin his reputation. This is not classy at all UBM. It certainly wasn't classy of him to do what he did, and it wasn't classy of you to initially post it and now to try and attach gents and bugz to it.

No one in our tribe has done something like that so why are you trying to group us into this. Every time anyone doesn't like something on this world gents are mentioned even if it has nothing to do with us. Every thread becomes about us lol.

monstaz2

The reasons I outline in my post weren't just for propaganda, they were our legitimate reasons for declaring war. We had a tribal discussion on this starting over a week ago and as a tribe have agreed on this war, Gents is not the reason for our declaration.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Individual players do things like this from time to time, it is what the tribe does about it behind closed doors that shows what kind of leadership a tribe has and ultimately what kind of game play a tribe believes in. They don't have to come on the externals and try and ruin his reputation. This is not classy at all UBM. It certainly wasn't classy of him to do what he did, and it wasn't classy of you to initially post it and now to try and attach gents and bugz to it.

No one in our tribe has done something like that so why are you trying to group us into this. Every time anyone doesn't like something on this world gents are mentioned even if it has nothing to do with us. Every thread becomes about us lol.

So I bring up a mail from a Lust player make one small comment about seeing this argument before by other tribes, in which i did not single out Gents by themselves and you think i'm lumping Gents into what? The reason your tribe gets mentioned if it has nothing to do with Gents is because Gents tends to find a way to have their feelings hurt in every thread. Grow some thicker skin

Yes Gents players/leaders have made this argument before
Yes Bugz players/leaders have made this argument before

I'm not even saying these are the only two tribes ever to make said argument, but they are the two freshest examples i can think of and it's tiring to hear. Players make the tribe - so if a player does something it reflects on the tribe. Who doesn't agree with that?

Last edited: