SCUM voted 'Best in Bed'. <-- True Story

DeletedUser

My tactic has always been to shoot down my largest neighbour, in the long run it's more cost effective, geographically sound since you're expanding into your closest threat, strategical since they'll be weaker, logical since you'll only widen the gap between you and your close rivals.

What i said was that it's for those incapable of taking a decent village of an enemy with their nobles, either through their own fault or not the only reason behind nobling a low barb is being unable to noble anything bigger.

Hoang Nghiem did the same on W3.co.uk i believe, he/she's an extreme case, perhaps done for safety but fortune favours the bold and the risk/reward of taking a red not a grey is clearly worth it judging by looking at the top players of all the worlds.

if we're simply to expand taking barbs like smiththefitter then where's the fun?

DeletedUser

Better, cost effective, logical, tactical, strategical, geographical are merely a few things that must be looked at.

As I said, everything must be looked at. Many people (clearly yourself included) simply shun it as for crap players only. I don't barb noble myself, but I am open minded enough to accept it has it's merits.

Again, I am not agreeing with their methods (nor am I agreeing with you), simply stating that to straight out rule out either side is ignorance.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that most neutral players (including the mod) have said that barb nobling can be a good strategy would sort of imply that maybe it is. I'm not saying you should agree with it, just that dismissing it as for the crap only is wrong. Take Hoang Nghiem, he did it on W44 (sub 500 point barbs mind you) and is still top and renowned as one of the greatest players there is.

Don't be so narrow minded.

Probably one of the more interesting posts ive read.

Taking barbs can be beneficial, but its extremely circumstantial. Nerd's barb nobeling is only hurting them. They are being smashed by their enemies and they should be focusing on fighting for their survival.

I see no reason anyone should be taking small barbs, they are a waste of nobles better spent elsewhere. Certain conditions are acceptable and more strategically sound, such as players I know that noble 1 small barb per week. Fills in clusters a bit over time, and doesn't hamper your gameplay.

Kash2Smash

hmmm, wht if you are surrounded by ur tribe and too far away from the war front, i think that can justify taking barbs...

DeletedUser

hmmm, wht if you are surrounded by ur tribe and too far away from the war front, i think that can justify taking barbs...

If you are far from the enemy, move closer. Especially as its a coin world and if after the war you don't want those villages, you can give them away in exchange for more nobles to use where you want them.

Kash2Smash

lol, not everyone loves war u see :p its not a bad tactic, i have seen players lik: Mankama, who have only nobled small barbs since the beginning and now look at them :p they have 800k points.

DeletedUser22924

well seems a nice topic arouse here kash:)

Nobling barbs during Times of war is bad in most cases but when you have no nukes and still need to grow, it is very cost/effective to noble barbs.

remember More villages = More troops and Coins/Packets

DeletedUser

Probably one of the more interesting posts ive read.

Taking barbs can be beneficial, but its extremely circumstantial. Nerd's barb nobeling is only hurting them. They are being smashed by their enemies and they should be focusing on fighting for their survival.

I see no reason anyone should be taking small barbs, they are a waste of nobles better spent elsewhere. Certain conditions are acceptable and more strategically sound, such as players I know that noble 1 small barb per week. Fills in clusters a bit over time, and doesn't hamper your gameplay.

How is our barb nobeling hurting us? I just killed off 25 nukes and 5 trains from powers using ONLY troops built in the 1500 barb villages i took 2 weeks ago. The 100-150k+ troops i've made in those barb villages are essentially free troops that cost me only the cost of the noble and resources to uprgrade a few buildings. If nerd was on the side with 4:1 odds, then you'd have a point, but as we are outnumbered, using those nobles to take villages that can contribute to the war effort almost immediately rather than having nobles sit around unmade and unable to be used (as we are forced to attack 3 larger tribes at the same time with stacked villages). Thats not to say we dont' use any, but of the resources we are in short supply of, nobles are not one of them.

Barb nobeling out of war = bad
ONLY Barb nobeling in war = bad
Nobeling barbs to SUPPLEMENT enemy nobeling, while in war, and outnumbered 4:1 = Common sense.

DeletedUser

but as we are outnumbered, using those nobles to take villages that can contribute to the war effort almost immediately rather than having nobles sit around unmade and unable to be used (as we are forced to attack 3 larger tribes at the same time with stacked villages).

All I see there is excuses really. Its not hard to noble enemy villages, and no way there arent weak points you could take advantage of.
When you take an enemy village, its fully built (usually). Which means it is useful immediately after taking it. Its also creates a 2 village difference (You gain one, they lose one) and it is much more productive towards the war effort than bottom feeding on small abandons.

DeletedUser

xmach you implemented the barb strategy BEFORE SCUM declare, one on one you couldn't beat us, you weren't outnumbered.

True or false?

Kash2Smash

All I see there is excuses really. Its not hard to noble enemy villages, and no way there arent weak points you could take advantage of.
When you take an enemy village, its fully built (usually). Which means it is useful immediately after taking it. Its also creates a 2 village difference (You gain one, they lose one) and it is much more productive towards the war effort than bottom feeding on small abandons.

lol, i dont see what all of ur problem is? if he doesnt mind doing it, then why do u guys?

DeletedUser

Yeah, all two conquers. Nice job.

:icon_rolleyes: I think so.

Player: WaffenTDR
Tribe: SCUM

image.php

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out whats happening here.

P.S WaffenTDR, Enjoy the rebuild if you bother.

http://en37.tribalwars.net/public_report/9f1be4af06d9df7740da7044a4c4f742
http://en37.tribalwars.net/public_report/338424bdb4150914e6bba60ac0f076dd
http://en37.tribalwars.net/public_report/dfac82c6abca9db1eba19f0ddfd935df
http://en37.tribalwars.net/public_report/9b7662d8f7c115b347b31586de6c57ef
http://en37.tribalwars.net/public_report/cf1292eb7ffc8020f739db67273dd855

P.S.S

Scum, please don't kick this player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Tis easier to rebuild a village than it is to rebuild troops is it not? His village is still useful :icon_wink:

Enjoy that thought.

DeletedUser

Tis easier to rebuild a village than it is to rebuild troops is it not? His village is still useful :icon_wink:

Enjoy that thought.

You are clueless,,keep talkin!He has no troops left,,shale I post his troops loses?:icon_eek:

P.S. Toby,,how's Lordofwar's vils doin?:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

You are clueless,,keep talkin!He has no troops left,,shale I post his troops loses?:icon_eek:

P.S. Toby,,how's Lordofwar's vils doin?:icon_razz:

That's funny. Because I am 100% positive he does have troops left. Go and post your clearing reports for every village please.

Lordofwar's are doing fine, just as well as your villages are doing :icon_wink:

http://en37.tribalwars.net/public_report/c3e6e0b5e17b402c5e7c0ebcc4f97c26 Ouch...shall I post all of the ones like this?

DeletedUser

lol,,would have been better if ya posted the one with me loseing a whole nuke while I was chating and didn't remember to evade~lol

My walls that your dead account Mr Big hit are mostly rebuilt by the way.Let's see how long it takes to rebuild all waffens and Lordofwar's vils.:icon_wink:

I repeat,,waffen has no troops.He has some help comeing in yes.But not his troops :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I repeat,,waffen has no troops.He has some help comeing in yes.But not his troops :icon_razz:

I repeat, post your proof. Because I am 100% positive that he does have troops. I can't wait to see all those clearing reports you have on his villages.

When a player dodges an attack, they do not lose troops. Just in case you didn't know :)

DeletedUser

Ya lol,,so you know what to target,,hahaha,,sure.Keep an eye on his stats and the fact he will obviously be booted by Scum,,,with the usual claim that he went inactive.Every player we destroyed,has been booted.If they don't boot him just to spite me,,we will still take him,,heck,,I'll even bet Sv starts takeing some aswell.:lol:

DeletedUser

Ya lol,,so you know what to target,,hahaha,,sure.Keep an eye on his stats and the fact he will obviously be booted by Scum,,,with the usual claim that he went inactive.Every player we destroyed,has been booted.If they don't boot him just to spite me,,we will still take him,,heck,,I'll even bet Sv starts takeing some aswell.:lol:

You are clueless, aren't you. Rally is doing nothing. I have support in waffen's villages. I have had zero red reports as of yet. So again, post your proof. He has lost 50k points of walls and farms over the past few days. On a player that size, that isn't very impressive.

Lordofwar55 is bored. He has lost 10k points from walls in the past few days. That is hardly a dent. He is sitting an account on the NERD front so he does not die of boredom. I also have support in his villages, and have had zero red reports.

So are you or are you not going to post proof of you clearing all of Waffen's and Lordofwar55's villages?