The Church

DeletedUser

The problem of rebuilding a first chuch has now been resolved. The first Church now appears in the build list.

I have no first church, and I still don't have the option to build one.

DeletedUser

I have no first church, and I still don't have the option to build one.

That is because you have to demolish all your other churches in all your other villages before you can build another one. Terrible, isn't it?

DeletedUser

Heh, so I built regular churches so that my vills weren't at 50% while waiting for the bug to be sorted, and now I have to demolish them to get what I should have had in the first place? Yeah, that ain't happening. Isn't there a way to get around that without screwing people over on the first church?

DeletedUser41666

Heh, so I built regular churches so that my vills weren't at 50% while waiting for the bug to be sorted, and now I have to demolish them to get what I should have had in the first place? Yeah, that ain't happening. Isn't there a way to get around that without screwing people over on the first church?

Ticket!

DeletedUser

You'd think it should work like that. I pulled that info off the help file about the first church which says it can't be built if you have other churches, which is more of a silly mistake than a bug :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I didn't want to spend weeks building the farms so that I could build a church that allowed me to farm without losses every time. So I sent a ticket and kept resending it when I was fobbed off. (Yes I know I can build a regular church in the HQ. No, you can have a statue in every village, I just want a first church) After three rounds, they found the problem and made it available.

Then I was able to be nice about it :)

DeletedUser

I was worried that if I destroyed my First church, I wouldn't be able to rebuild it where I wanted, so I ended up building a normal church. The cost difference seems a bit extreme.

DeletedUser

So... Basically, all the church does is stops people from fighting over large distances? And it will also cause wars to be more strategic?

I think I am beginning to understand the theory... but I could be WAY off lmao!
I think the purpose of the church is to force players to cluster their villages more. On w24, I have 50+ villages spread over 5 continents, as a result of fighting wars on distant fronts. If that world had churches I would be an easy target. For w30 it is my intent to take every village within my churchs radii, and farm outside the radius.

Also, since I can launch an attack 100 hours away and still have it be at 100% if sent from within my church radius, the church will not make it harder to fight long range, but, since my defenders in the village once I take it will only fight at 50% until I build a church there, it makes it harder to hold a village once you take it. I think the end result will be that wars unfold a little slower as they will have to be a little more strategic, and a little less "lets take 100 villages in an hour time frame". Also, scouting will be a lot more important in wars. For example, if me and a few tribemates want to noble off this one player, and he has 10 villages in two clusters, with one church in each cluster, if we all attack one village at the same time, our losses will be much higher than if we scout all his villages, identify his two church villages, take those first, and then clean up the rest a few minutes later.

The impact on fakes should be substantial too, as a threat to your church village is much more serious than against a regular village, and with the farm space needed for churches other than first church, most defenses will have to be support.

Overall I like the church, it adds a lot of depth to the game, and unlike a lot of other changes makes people really readdress how they play they game at an overall strategy level.

DeletedUser

Church error

In my map field, all village's information window show that Fighting power as attacker: 50%(Although the target villages is in my religion area(=in first church radius)and showed influenced in the church, the attacker fighting is showed power 50%)
But, my friend account is showed that Fighting power as attacker is 100%.
Why?
example:
Village ??????
??????
Coordinates:???|???
Player:???
Tribe:
Influenced by the church
Fighting power as attacker: 50% (My friend account is 100%)
>>Center map
>>Send troops
>>Send resource
So, it is not problem about morale...

DeletedUser

I think the purpose of the church is to force players to cluster their villages more. On w24, I have 50+ villages spread over 5 continents, as a result of fighting wars on distant fronts. If that world had churches I would be an easy target. For w30 it is my intent to take every village within my churchs radii, and farm outside the radius.

Also, since I can launch an attack 100 hours away and still have it be at 100% if sent from within my church radius, the church will not make it harder to fight long range, but, since my defenders in the village once I take it will only fight at 50% until I build a church there, it makes it harder to hold a village once you take it. I think the end result will be that wars unfold a little slower as they will have to be a little more strategic, and a little less "lets take 100 villages in an hour time frame". Also, scouting will be a lot more important in wars. For example, if me and a few tribemates want to noble off this one player, and he has 10 villages in two clusters, with one church in each cluster, if we all attack one village at the same time, our losses will be much higher than if we scout all his villages, identify his two church villages, take those first, and then clean up the rest a few minutes later.

The impact on fakes should be substantial too, as a threat to your church village is much more serious than against a regular village, and with the farm space needed for churches other than first church, most defenses will have to be support.

Overall I like the church, it adds a lot of depth to the game, and unlike a lot of other changes makes people really readdress how they play they game at an overall strategy level.

People will have to make a lot of crusher villages to take out a clustered player.

DeletedUser

If I could rebuild first church, I want. Attacker power 50% error is terrible.

DeletedUser

The problem of rebuilding a first chuch has now been resolved. The first Church now appears in the build list.

No, that issue has not been resolved. I only have one ville left with no church and no option to build a first church...

DeletedUser60938

Would it be more beneficial to build a level 3 church and take up 4k more population or leave it at level 2?

DeletedUser656

Had a few tickets so a couple of bits of info:

If your 1st church village is nobled then due to a bug you won't be able to rebuild your 1st church in any of your other villages. This is fixed in 5.2.

Just because your church radius intersects a village it does not guarantee it will have belief. An actual more accurate radius can be seen here: http://assets.twstats.com/radius.jpg

spleen mage

I'm not quite sure what your question is, but I'l have a stab.

The reason your second village is not 100% attacking power, is because it's not in range of one of your churches. You have to remember, whether the enemys village is in your church radius does not matter. If your village is in your church radius, you attack at 100%, if your village isn't in your church radius, you attack at 50%. Same with defending; if your village under attack is not in the radius of one of your own churches, your troops fight at 50%.

And yes, you can have as many churches as you like. However, you have to remember that just a normal church takes up 5000 population space, the better ones even more.

DeletedUser

For the love of god would you just read this whole thread from start to finish. This has been covered over and over. It doesn't matter whether or not your enemy's village is inside your church radius. The village you are attacking from must be inside your church radius.